How to find funding for your PhD in Denmark
Who can apply - and for what?
Who can apply?
All state employees.
So if you are employed at a Danish university you are most likely on a government joint collective agreement and you can apply.
Basic requirements - you can apply if
- You are covered by a state joint collective agreement.
If you are employed at a university, you are most likely employed under the “Akademikerne”-agreement (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
If not, you can find the relevant links below.
- You can only apply for a supplementary competency-giving course. Not for your PhD itself.
- Your supervisor has to approve your application for funding support.
- Your workplace must also help.
For example, paid working hours, transport costs, course fees, etc.
- The course you are seeking funding for must have a duration of more than 3 days.
This means, you can apply for our 4-day Academic Writing course but not for our 2-day Advanced Presentations course.
You can apply for funding for
- Course fees and training programme fees
- Travel and accomodation
How much can you get?
The Agency for Competence Development in the State Sector will look at all applications individually and allocate funding on the basis of each application.
So you won’t know unless you try.
Source: The Agency for Competence Development in the State Sector
The links below are to webpages in Danish.
Our Ph.D courses and services
Special offers for
We offer proofreading and editing, as well as personal presentation training. Read more about our special offer for PhD students.
The course will help you write more clearly and productively in correct English. Read more about Academic Writing with 2 ECTS points.
Interested in free events and blogs relevant to you?
Our newsletter philosophy is simple: less is more.
We will write to you about:
- Invitations to our free PhD events
- Special offers for PhDs – e.g. on text editing or presentation coaching
- Links to relevant blogs – relating to your research and your future career
- Info on PhD course dates
- or other topics according to your wishes